Raising the Participation Age. What does this mean?
The government have extended the law in which all young people in England are required to continue in education or training until they are 18 years old.
This however doesn’t mean that you must stay in school. You can choose from:
- Full-time education (such as college, school or home education)
- An apprenticeship or traineeship
- Part-time education or training combined with:
- Employment or self-employment for 20 hours or more a week
- Volunteering for 20 hours or more a week
Here at South Devon College, we offer all of these options!
Why choose South Devon College?
• Most successful Further Education College in England*
• OFSTED rated 'Outstanding' provider
• Each student receives a Personalised Learning Programme
• Highly qualified teachers with industry experience
• Dedicated advice and guidance on careers and further study
*Based on 2012/2013 student success rates and retention
We are passionate about recognising the hopes and aspirations of every young person. We believe in providing individuals with the best opportunities for development through outstanding teaching and support to enable them to reach their potential and successfully achieve their goals.
Impartial and professionally accredited Careers Advice and Guidance is available to you at any time through our Helpzone. Please call 08000 380 123 for more information and a friendly chat about your future.
For our existing students, our Helpzone team are always on hand to discuss your future with you and give you the advice you need to get you where you want to be.