Torbay Family Learning is part of the Adult and Community Learning section at South Devon College.Family Learning can help parents/carers to understand more about how their children learn and encourages adults and children to learn as a family (by the term ‘family’ we mean at least one parent, adult carer, grandparent, aunt, uncle, older brother or sister working with a child under 16 years of age).
What can we offer families?
- Opportunities to enjoy learning and gain new skills
- Help and ideas so that parents/carers can feel involved in their child’s education and be better able to support them at home
- Free courses, which are delivered in a wide range of subjects, in various locations across Torbay
Family Learning is ideal for parents and carers
who wish to:
- Understand how children learn and how you can encourage and motivate them
- Improve their own skills and confidence
- Meet new friends!
- Courses are fun and informal – come and find out for yourself!
- Courses offered include:
- Communication skills – the importance of speaking and listening
- Developing children's early reading, writing and number skills
- Making resources to support learning
- 'Keeping up with the children' courses aims to look at how children are taught English and maths, and how you can support that learning
- Parenting programmes for help in dealing with all those awkward moments!
- Improve your job prospects and gain qualifications with Torbay Family Learning.
Plus many more…
For more information about Adult Advice and Guidance please contact Rebecca Florence directly on firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Helpzone on 08000 380 123.
For more information or to find out what courses are available in your area, please contact us: