Just like normal apprenticeships, higher apprenticeships combine on the job training while studying towards a high level qualification. Higher apprenticeships are available at a range of levels, from the equivalent of a foundation degree to a bachelor's degree.
At South Devon College, we currently offer the following Higher and Degree Apprenticeships:
2016 - 2017
- Professional Practice in Construction Operations Management
- Chartered Manager
- Health (Assistanct Practitioner)
- Project Management
- Education and Training
- Human Resources CIPD
- Digital and Technology Solutions
As an apprentice, you'll benefit from:
- The potential to achieve graduate and postgraduate-level qualifications whilst learning and earning in a real business
- The chance to gain a professional accreditation and membership
- New opportunities for career progression
- A clear pathway to achieving your ambitions in the workplace, plus higher earning capacity, recognition and status
- A unique, new way of developing professional-level, job specific skills while remaining in employment and earning a salary
- No debt via student loans as the Government has announced additional budget to fund the higher education qualifications that make up a higher apprenticeship
How would a Higher Apprenticeship benefit my business?
- With higher apprentices learning at work, they're able to develop the knowledge and occupational competencies demanded by specific job roles, and meet the unique needs of your business
- Higher apprentices can keep your business up-to-date with the latest techniques and technology, increasing your productivity for the future
- You can develop existing staff as they work with your higher apprentice, through mentoring opportunities and more
- Higher apprenticeships can attract higher calibre staff and help you develop a more motivated and committed workforce
If you'd like to find out more, please contact us on 01803 540 502, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.